NPA Slams Killing of Bayan Muna Organizer, Other Civilians
The New People’s Army-Leonardo Panaligan Command (NPA-LPC) keeps blaming the Armed Forces of the Philippine (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) for the killing of civilians in Guihulngan City in Negros Oriental.
In a statement to the media, Ka JB Regalado, LPC spokesperson said, innocent civilians are now getting the brunt of the “revenge” of the military and the police for the ambush last month that killed a police chief and five other cops of Guihulngan.
Regalado said, Army and PNP officials “are so desperate in getting the NPA responsible for the deaths of six Guihulngan policemen”.
Regalado links the members of the Revolutionary Proletarian Army-Alex Boncayao Brigade (RPA-ABB), led by certain “Mako” and “Mike” to be allegedly behind the killing of civilians, including Oscar Asildo, an employee of the Department of Education (DepEd) in Guihulngan City on Aug. 30.
He said the LPC-NPA is willing to help families of the victims who may want to file complaints against the perpetrators before the revolutionary court.
Militant Karapatan-Negros, in a separate statement, also condemned the killing of Asildo, and claimed that he was a Bayan Muna organizer.
The group also linked the killing of Asildo to the implementation of the Oplan Kapayapaan, a counter-insurgency program of President Rodrigo Duterte.
Earlier, Sr. Supt. Henry Biñas, outgoing director of the Negros Oriental Police Provincial Office (NOrPPO), said there is now a purging of ranks in the rebel movement, especially in northern Negros.
Those suspected of being deep penetration agents are being liquidated due to what he believes as internal conflict going on with the NPA, Biñas said.*(APT)