P1.5-M Fire Razes Cadiz Public Market
A fire razed about 25 stalls made of light materials located an the site of a former cockpit at the Cadiz City Public Market in Barangay Zone 3 past 11 p.m. Tuesday.
The estimated damage reached to about P1.5 million.
Arson investigators of Cadiz Bureau of Fire Protection said, the fire started due to an unattended gas stove at the eatery of Alfredo Ugaban.
It immediately gutted neighboring stalls, some of which have stored oil inside.
The fire was put under control several minutes after the BFP responded. They admitted having a hard time putting out the fire due to oils at the scene. They declared a fire out at about 4 a.m. yesterday Wednesday.
The list of affected stalls have yet to be submitted to BFP, the arson investigators said.*(Cyrus M. Garde)