10 Houses burn in Cadiz; 14 families affected
Ten houses were totally burned down, while another was partially damaged in a fire at about 2:20 p.m. Tuesday in Purok Tangigue, Barangay Zone 6, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental.
Arson investigator of Cadiz Bureau of Fire Protection said that the fire started in the house of couple Jonel and Cecil Santillan, whose house was only partially damaged.
The fire was caused by a butane gas stove, it was pointed out.
Totally burned houses were owned by the following; Arcadio and Susan Contrivida; Aaron Contrivida and his live-in partner Cathy Muyco; Wilmar Majarucon and live-in partner Jeanwie Contrivida; Arsan Contrivida and live-in partner Robelyn Liberato; Pepito and Anita Echem; Elmer and Mailyn Respuesto; and Joel Togue; Claire Bantolinao and Joel and Irene Cena; Ivie Bantolinao.
Also affected were couples living together with their parents; Mark and Anna Brenda Tugue; Mailyn Gajardo and Lelanie Azarte.
Mayor Patrick Escalante immediately extended assistance through the Department of Social Services and Development.
The affected families might be relocated to the housing facilities of the city government.
The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) has yet to determine the cost of damage to the affected families.*