No Admin Probe Yet for Cops Tagged in Malabor Slay

There is still no administrative proceedings yet against the two policemen implicated in the assassination of Provincial Board Member Renato Malabor and his bodyguard, Butch Jumilla.


Courtesy Call. City Councilors Wilson Gamboa, Jr. (2nd from right) and Jocelle Batapa-Sigue (2nd from left) visit the Provincial Governor of Negros Occidental Alfredo Marañon, Jr. (center) to discuss the 2nd Philippine Councilors League (PCL) Credit Cooperative Summit and General Assembly to be held in SMX Convention Center, Bacolod City on August 20-22, 2015. Photo includes Board Member Salvador Escalante (left), Provincial Consultant Mr. Roy Balicas (3rd from left), and Ms. Esmariel Tubelleza (right), technical assistant to Councilor Gamboa.*


Bacolod City Mayor Monico Puentevella leads the tree planting activity of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) Climate Change Adaptation Program and Tree Growing Project in Barangay Alangilan yesterday.* (CMO-PIO photo)

Negros Occidental acting police provincial director Sr. Supt. Samuel Nacion clarified that while PO1 Robert Chloe Rito and PO1 Ariel Ansag, have both reported to the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office on Monday, “they are not restricted within camp.”

Nacion said the two policemen were “merely transferred” to the NOPPO after being relieved from the Isabela Police station last week.

Whether administrative proceedings will be conducted against the two will depend on the decision of the Provincial Prosecutor’s Office where the double murder charges were filed against the two policemen and several other suspects, he pointed out.

Nacion also stressed that there is no need to relieve the entire Isabela police force amid clamor from certain quarters to do so.

“There is no clear basis why the entire police force will be relieved,” he said.

Some quarters here are calling for the relief of the entire Isabela police force after colleagues of Rito defended him from the accusations.

Rito was pinpointed by some witnesses as the alleged gunman in the dual assassination.

Ansag was implicated in the case after a witness, who is a minor, claimed in his affidavit, that Ansag took the wallet of Rito that he had recovered at the crime scene.

The wallet is nowhere to be found now.

Rito was accompanied by his counsel, Nilo Sorbito, when he reported to the NOPPO headquarters.

He and Ansag were also escorted by their colleagues at the Isabela Police Station together with some 30 supporters who are their neighbors and townmates who claimed the two policemen are innocent. Sorbito in an interview with reporters said that his client was surprised at his implication in the death of Malabor.

He added that Rito told him he has no capacity to do it.

Susan Garde, a neighbor of Rito, said she believes that Rito is innocent of the charges.

She added that to back up their claims, they are engaged in a signature campaign among the Isabeleños in support of Rito.

Nacion denied claims that Rito was a “fall guy”.

Governor Alfredo Marañon Jr. maintained that the killing of Malabor is politically-motivated.

“Let him (Rito) prove his innocence in court,” Marañon said.*

 

 

 

Writer: