February 11th, 2013
NEWS-INFO ALERT ::: Refer to Arman Toga, 09393999393, Negros Daily Bulletin (ndb-online.com) :::
- Bukas/Basag Kotse Gang victimized 3 more in Bacolod; Cops urging car owners to park their vehicles in safe areas
- NDF peace negotiating panel chairman Luis Jalandoni, saying it (La Castellana ambush that killed 9) was "a legitimate NPA operation", says gov't, AFP & PNP "are culpable for war crimes for issuing high-powered firarms to paramilitaries"; Says PNoy admin & OPPAP "are destroying the peace process"
- Pulupandan Mayor Magsie Peña urging plunder case vs. Gov. Marañon et. al. for overpriced sheep
- Ex-PC/INP head Ret. Gen. Ramon Montaño an independent senatorial candidate
- Former Cong. Cynthia Villar says her high survey rating is due to her pro-people advocacies
- Former Senator Migz Zubiri, whose family introduced sugarcane farming in Bukidnon, says Cong. Albee Benitez' Sugarcane Bill is his priority once elected in Senate
- Cong, JV Ejercito Estrada says economic dev't is nothing if people remain in poverty
- Kali-Kalihan Festival Highlights yesterday; Visitors at Don Salvador Benedicto wowed by town's natural beauty & ambiance, products showcase
- 2 rape & murder victims' bodies found: That of a 13-yr. old in Damgo, E.B. Magalona & that of a 19-yr. old in Mailum, Bago
- Sen. Migz Zubiri thanks Western Visayas for his Top 4 slate in surveys
- Scattered rainshowers in Negros
- Jobseekers are reminded to check with POEA any job offer for abroad
- Construction of "largest public school building project in Bacolod" (48-classroom new ETCS I) at reclamation area starts, as Bacolod City College's (BCC) new 18-room Taculing school building job goes on
- Unrest up anew among drivers at Bacolod Northbound Terminal;
Former Councilor Gamboa urges City Treasurer's Office, BIR to step in;
Operator Chua says gas station & terminal are operating legally.
(Left photo) Gov. Alfredo G. Marañon, Jr. (2nd from right) leads in the ribbon-cutting ceremony during the inauguration of the Provincial Blood Bank Center (right photo) located in Brgy. 39, Bacolod City, together with Board Member Dr. Miller Serondo; DOH Health Service Delivery Cluster Head for the Visayas, Asec. Paulyn Jean Ubial, and Provincial Blood Program Committee chairman, Eriberto Layda, among others.*(Capitol photos)
Silay City Mayor Jose L. Montelibano (6th fr. left) and Mrs. Marissa Montelibano (7th fr. left) pose with former senator Ramon Magsaysay, Jr. (5th from left), Silay City Tourism Officer Severino Pacete (2nd fr. left) and staff, Executive Assistant Susan Velez (9th fr. left) at Bacolod-Silay Airport in Silay City at 7:20 am yesterday (Feb. 7).* (Photo taken by Aldwin Dalpatan)
23RD KALI-KALIHAN HARVEST FESTIVAL. Don Salvador Benedicto town’s Kali-kalihan Festival and DSB’s 30th Founding Anniversary celebrations are on until Feb. 9. From left, DSB Mayor Marxlen J. De la Cruz, Liezel Sanchez the rep. of Assistant Agriculture Secretary Salvador Salacup, and 1st District Prov’l Board Member Nehemias "Nene" De la Cruz during yesterday’s ribbon-cutting that opened the Agri Food and Trade Fair at the town’s Food Park.* (Arman Toga photo)
Personnel of the World Bank in an ocular inspection of the open dumpsite at Brgy. Felisa. (L-R) Nick Bauden, Johan-nes Heister, ABC Presi-dent Mona Dia Jardin of the Bacolod SP, Rey Ancheta and Kurt Roos (standing in front).
The World Bank people are inspecting the dump-site for a possible methane gas collection system that may be derived from the site. (Bacolod-PIO photo) full story>>>
Mr. Leonito "Diotay" Lopue, (L) and City Administrator Atty. John Orola lead in the ribbon-cutting ceremony during the opening of the Bacolaodiat Photo Exhibit at the lobby of the Bacolod City Government Center, yesterday. The photo exhibit is a prelude to the 2013 Bacolaodiat Festival that formally starts on February 7, Thursday in the city. With them in photo are: (L) with Bacolaodiat Festival Chairman "Diotay" Lopue, Exec. Assistants Sammy Montoyo and Macao Gallardo (slightly hidden), Sec.
Gov. Alfredo G. Marañon, Jr. (3rd L) together with Board Member Melvin Ibañez attend the 103rd Birthday of Flora Zayco Omarrementeria (seated left) at Kabankalan City, Saturday.*
(L-R) Murcia Mayor Andrew Montelibano, Talisay City Mayor Eric Saratan, Congressman Alfredo "Albee" B. Benitez (3rd District) Senator Hirohiko Nakamura (Japan), Mr. Raymond Garcia, Consul Josel R. Ignacio (Philippine Embassy Japan), Mr. Toshio Shimada (Senior Staff of Senator Nakamura)*
As per directive of Regional Director Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz, Jr, the flag at the Police Regional Office 6 is raised in half mast following the death of Police Officer 1 Richard Canja and eight civilians in the ambush-massacre at La Castellana, Negros Occidental last Sunday.* (Photo by PO1 Ronabel Chavez)