Archive - Jul 2012
- Tropical Storm GENER (SAOLA) has intensified slightly as it continues to move closer to Extreme N. Luzon, 310Km E. of Casiguran Aurora. Max. winds 85kph, Gusts 100kph. SIGNAL # 2 - Cagayan, Calayan group of islands, Babuyan group of islands. SIGNAL # 1 - Isabela, Kalinga, Apayao. Batanes group of islands.
- 2-yr. old boy who fell into raging waters in a creek this afternoon in Pahanocoy, Bacolod remains missing; Parts of the city & province flooded; 2 Hinobaan barangays flooded & a landslide occured
- Another firm wants to put up a coal-fired & a diesel-fed power plant in Cadiz City; Earlier proponent of 2 coal-fired plants also in Cadiz starts study
- "Ex-Pres. GMA's release on bail a big surprise"
- San Carlos City cops nabbed 19 men, seized 9 motorcycles, cash & gambling props in a jai alai raid
- RPA-ABB slams arrest by NBI of its 3 members re: Judge Arles slay, "It's a disrespect to RPA/ABB-gov't deal"
- Blood donation activity set today July 29 at University of St. La Salle- Bacolod
- 3rd District Cong. Benitez: 'It's unwise to have 2 ports in Bacolod'
- 76th Negros Press Club induction held Friday at Bascon Hotel.
- CENECO brownout set today Sunday 8AM to 8:30AM, 4:30PM to 5PM, 8AM to 5PM at parts of MF2; 8AM to 3PM at parts of AF3
- NBI Bacolod rescued a 31-yr. old woman held captive & made as a sex slave by a 34-yr. old kidnapper in San Carlos City
- 2-storey house at Jesusa Heights in Estefania, Bacolod razed by fire, P500k+ in damages
- 1 rebel killed, 2 cops wounded in Escalante encounter; 1 gov't trooper wounded in another NPA-AFP clash in Isabela-M. Padilla area
- NIA met PEMO at 2PM Friday re: Murcia-DSB irrigation dam's encroachment at preserved area
- Alvarez Family twits lack of due process on murder charges filed before DOJ vs. Ilog Mayor John Paul Alvarez, several RPA-ABB members & John Does re: Judge Arles' ambush-slay
- Philippine Press Institute (PPI) executive director Ariel Cervantes Sebellino to Negros media: 'Excellence is our tool as truthbearers, ethics is our guiding principle'
- NPC's www.negrospressclub.com website launched; Also www.Go-Phils.com portal
- Silay, Prov'l cops nabbed shabu pusher supplying some Silay Institute students; Follow up operation nabbed his female supplier in Brgy. 2, Bacolod
- House in Alijis, Bacolod razed by fire
- 4 Negros Occ. Lakas party mayors and another politician are now with Danding Cojuangco's NPC party
- Kabankalan City's 3-day 15th Charter Day celebration starts tom. July 30
- A father died, his wife & son hospitalized when a clothesline outside their ACCO Subd. home in Alijis, Bacolod touched a live wire yesterday
- Negros Occ. Vice Gov. Alvarez on Arles murder charge vs. Ilog Mayor Paul: 'My son is innocent, we will face the court
- RPA-ABB calls for due process, access to 3 members implicated in Arles' slay
- Dacongcogon Farmers Producers Cooperative urging PNoy to visit, help some 100,000 people affected by Kabankalan sugar mill's closure
- Waitress killed, cop injured in a downtown Bacolod motorcycle mishap.*
Ayala Land, Inc. officials poured in the last amount of concrete to top off the Company’s latest project in Negros called The District-North Point, the main retail component of the Company’s more than 200 hectare North Point mixed-use community development. Leading the topping-off ceremony were: (L-R ) Lacson family representative Francis Lacson, Ayala Land vice president Rowena Tomeldan, Talisay City Mayor Eric Saratan, Negros Occidental Governor Alfredo Maranon, Jr., Ayala Land senior vice president Emilio Tumbocon, Vice Mayor Neil Lizares, and Ayala Land assistant vice president Clavel Tongco. The Company is focusing its resources on this township development as it expects to invest, along with its commercial partners, more than P7 billion into the project. *
- "Rains, rough seas today"
- Dengue cases rising
- Philippine Ports Authority (PPA): 'Banago Port improvement works not waste of money '; Metro Bacolod Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MBCCI) Pres. Frank Carbon supports BREDCO's call to study Banago port dev't first
- Bacolod SPM Em Legazpi-Ang to parents: 'Have your kids immunized vs. measles'
- Orientation set tom. Monday 2PM at BAYS Center for brgys., groups interested to join Bacolod streetdance & Electric MassKara; Festival is on Oct. 1 to 22
- Gov. Freddie Marañon: 'Bacolod Gov't must have its own hospital'
- Bacolod SPM Espino: 'Ex-Vice Mayor Enoy Novero & BREDCO filed charges vs. city gov't so no way he can be a Grupo Progreso bet'
- CENECO Brownouts today Sunday 8AM to 1PM, 8AM to 8:30AM, 12:30PM to 1PM in parts of feeder TF1 (Talisay/Silay)
- Tropical Depression (TD) Ferdie exiting in Luzon but monsoon rains loom
- Energy Sec. Almendras: 'Negros Occ. requires own power plant'
- Bacolod PNP's 3rd Most Wanted Person for crimes (taxi holdup, robbery, murder, rape) is finally nabbed
- NBI Bacolod head Atty. Lavin: 'Special investigators coming to Bacolod for confidential tasks'
- Himamaylan City PNP Dir. Cañete: 'We served warrant of arrest of illegal gambling king Sr. Fire Officer 1 Edwin Gimotea but he posted bail'.