August 5, 2012 News Tip
- Former Senator Migz Zubiri calls for unity among sugar industry stakeholders in looking for solutions to keep the industry alive, as 2015's zero tariff on imported sugar under AFTA nears
- Bacolod City Legal Enforcement Unit to some officials on illegal sidewalk vending: 'No ninong system please'
- Vice Gov. Genaro Alvarez says sorry for his son's (Ilog Mayor Paul) tagging the Judge Henry Arles murder charge as politically-motivated, Says Alvarez Family never hurt anybody
- 3rd District Cong. Albee Benitez, Gov. Freddie Marañon, E. B. Magalona Mayor David Lacson, Victorias Mayor Severo Palanca, Silay Mayor Oti Montelibano, Talisay Mayor Eric Saratan thanked for their quick aid to bad weather (flashflood, strong winds, tornado) victims
- CENECO Brownouts yesterday Saturday 8AM to 5PM at TF3 (Part of Talisay) & 1PM to 5PM at PF1 (Part of Silay); ALSO today Sunday 8AM to 5PM at RF1 (Part of downtown Bacolod)
- Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia, SPM Em Ang say privatizing gov't hospitals an anti-poor move; Cong. Anthony Rolando Golez says his House Bill 6069 is not to privatize but improve gov't hospitals, Dares them to a debate; Bayan Muna also slams bill  RTC Branch 50 to decide before yearend on SM Prime vs. Guv, Prov'l PBAC case re: bidding of 7.7-hectare lot with Ayala Land
- New Low Pressure Area (LPA) sighted
- 10 Bago policemen, 9 Dulao PMG Detachment cops, RPA/ABB men, civilians charged before the Ombudsman for kidnapping, illegal detention, torture, etc.
- Businessman Charles Balbon Jr. was shot dead in Silay by motorcycle-riding men; Gov't employee shot in Victorias; Deaths also reported due to stabbings, hackings, shootings in parts of Bacolod & Negros Occidental province  Bacolod Masskara 2012 website www.themasskarafestival.com is up
- "CHR finds no Arles slay suspects' torture"
- 2 Cauayan fishermen still missing
- Aksyon Radyo reporter Dave Bucayan berrated, threatened, harassed by slain businessman's pa at Silay PNP; Bombo Radyo anchorman Clarence Locsin & reporter Dennis Rubica got threat by phone.*
*[ Refer: Arman Toga / firstname.lastname@example.org / ndb-online.com / +639393999393